From the conversation in the Telegram chat "Unstable compounds"
Mikhail Petrov, [8 Dec 2021, 19:54:49]:
Experiment plan for growing plants in soil with vanadium in CUBE
Object of study: Red fescue (Festuca rubra). Materials: - Container for growing (link volume 5 l, size 45x21 cm, surface area 945 cm2) - 20 pcs; - Soil for growing lawn (link) -100 l; - Red fescue (Festuca rubra) (seeds link) - 2 kg...
Mikhail Petrov, [8 Dec 2021, 19:54:49]:
Prepared instructions on how to do an experiment with growing plants https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oTk4wTN2J4rDQ6FCk-dovR069FeMLX4WbSyjHLTonIs/
there are two questions left:
1) The question of lighting - how to replace summer natural lighting in a winter cube?
2) We need to understand what mass concentration of vanadium we want and in which containers. In summer experiments, there were three containers without vanadium, three containers with a concentration of 0.05 mass percent, 3 cont. with conc. 0.1 and three containers with a concentration of 0.25. We can use any other division, but we have to decide which one. In all summer containers, the grass sprouted and grew well, so I strongly vote that at least in some containers the concentration of vanadium be increased to 0.5 or better than 1.0 mass percent (this is already a characteristic content of vanadium in polluted soil like sludge from thermal power plants)
Ippolit Markelov, [13 Dec 2021, 12:15:34]:
I support the idea of expanding the range of concentrations studied to 1% by mass. Then it turns out:
3 containers - control
3 containers - 0.1%
3 containers - 0.25%
3 containers - 0.5%
3 containers - 0.75%
3 containers - 1%
Our colleagues who have experience in growing cereals in winter said, that two light sources are necessary
1) 150w/120w per sqm for growing and colleagues' recommendations - we need lamps on quantum dots
2) exhibition lighting
Katya Nikitina, [16 Dec 2021, 19:39:06]:
1. On Mon or Tue (corrected by Misha above), 3 people are needed at the RCTU to help us mix the earth with vanadium.Preliminary, it is me, Nikita and Ippolit, but write, if you can, too, a replacement is possible here.
2. After Monday, the soil will be ready, we will pre-package it into the containers, sow it with fescue - and then we will have to pick it up. Haven't figured out yet how best to proceed. If anyone other than Ippolit can drive, reach out to me, please, to deliver the pots - it's super important and you will help us a lot.
3. Above, we asked to decide on who is ready to grow fescue, I see now 6 apartments ready to do it, we ideally need 12))) so we will have to look for someone else.
4. We also agreed that Altyn would sow oats, this is in addition to fescue; its gaining of green mass is potentially faster.
5. We need a call on Friday to finalize how our installation looks like. It is better to do it this week, so that we already understand exactly what the installers and the Cube have to be prepared for before the holidays, as well as what expenses will definitely take place, and we consider them relevant. For example, renting 3 projectors will cost us 75 thousand. If we have a cool three-channel installation from you, then we are more likely to spend this money) If there is no such confidence, then tiles and pictures, boxing like in Soviet museums - maybe a way to solve it.
6. Important: in addition to living plants, we also take dried ones, so please, collect the same cow parsnip or tall dried grass. Write who will do it exactly so that we know the approximate volume.
7. We also have to choose a day and go by car to pick up the forms at the abandoned place that Roma was talking about. It is important to do this before the holidays too)
8. And again, an update from the Cube on the dates. Everything was moved again, now back. The exact dates are: January 22-26 installation; opening on January 27 and 28.
9. We will discuss all these issues on Friday in detail! Preliminarily at 20:00 Moscow time. Get ready)) And everyone who will participate in the exhibition, please, join the meeting, it would be greatly appreciated !